Friday, November 21, 2008

When I see you smile, I know everything's ok

I don't even know where to begin with this week. My heart is so full that it is about to burst. Happy. Joy. Love. All of it is there and just clamoring to get out and spill over even more into my life. I just had one of those crazy moments this week where you get to experience complete and crystal clear clarity. THIS is why I'm here. THIS is why I endured what I went through. THIS is why I am who I am. And the cherry on top of that particular sundae, was the time I got to spend relaxing with the new boy. Always a good thing, right?

Ok, let's go back to the beginning... we'll hit the highlights. Monday was MNF here in Buffalo for the Bills (too bad we're such experts at wide rights). If you know me at all, you know I love football. I'm not obsessed to the point where I'm playing fantasy ball with the boys, but I definitely love football. Before the game, I got together with some of my good girlfriends and we got a pitcher of margaritas and a pitcher of sangria at Fridays, with about a million happy hour appetizers, and just enjoyed each other's company. I loved it.

Tuesday was my day off and I spent it running a few errands early, and then enjoyed myself with cheezy TV and movies and me time. (see my post from Tuesday for more on that). And I got to talk to the new boy, despite his crazy busy schedule as of late. I guess when you're a jeweler/goldsmith and you own your own business, holidays get to be a little craaaaaaazy ;)


Wednesday, I had my monthly ladies night dinner at Mulberry (*sigh* possibly my most favorite restaurant in all of Buffalo). This is where that moment of perfectness came in. There are 4 of us who get together and do this every month, sometimes another friend or two will join. We just sat around for hours eating this amazing Italian food, drinking some wine, and sharing about our lives and our struggles and our joys. It is like that perfect women bonding moment you see in movies, that's the best I can think of to describe it. And I just want to remember that night forever. At one point, I just sat back and looked around the table and heard the conversations going on and thought, THIS is what living is all about. And on the way home, Ash and I (in my car) and Catherine (in her's), got stopped at a train crossing. This train, no lie, was going like 2 mph and took FOOOOOREVER. Ash and I decided it would be a great idea to get out and run around mine and Catherine's cars, haha. Then, we finally see the caboose in sight. And... IT STOPS right in the crossing. For another 10 minutes, we are just sitting there waiting for the train to start moving again. It was hilarious. Patrick came over after and we went for a drink at Bar Louie to talk about our love lives and enjoy each other's company.

Thursday, I bartended all morning, came home, had dinner, and then went to see the new boy. We
just sat and cuddled at his place, on the couch, and talked about our jobs and our goals. He was stressed about working so much lately and we just enjoyed being lazy together. He even put on the Steelers Thursday night football game for me, AND cheered on my team! What a great guy :) He just gives me those wonderful warm fuzzy butterflies and so far so good. I am loving the time I get to spend with him and getting to know him better. He's a good fit in my life at this point.

Today, Patrick and I had our weekly lunch and I suprised him by taking him to Uncle Joe's Diner - super cute old fashioned diner with a real Wulitzer Juke Box playing a bunch of 60's and 70's hits. And I had the most amazing bread pudding (although, still not as good as mine). I loved it.

The end... now that you got a rundown on my week, which I'm sure you were thrilled to hear about, ha. So, get out there, and live your life too.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

i spent my night making out with a boy with a british accent



that is all