Friday, January 2, 2009

it's the start of something new



So... It's been awhile, eh ? I took some time away, a good two week break and just got away from life and took a long hard look at me. I'm doing a lot better. Sure, I'm still stressed, and that's not really going to completely disappear, but I feel like i might have a better hold on it all. I got through the holidays with minimal sadness. My best friend, Kristin, came out for New Years Eve, and I adore her. We had a great time, there was like a 15 minute section right after the ball dropped and everyone got all couply at the club we were at, and I felt alone, but then I checked my phone and had the sweetest voicemail from this guy that makes me smile a lot. I don't really want to get into that (boy stuff) too too much, because I feel like, if its not going to work out, I don't want to dwell on it. However, suffice it to say, last night he made me feel like the most beautiful and only woman on the face of the earth, and *sigh* I could hold hands with him every day and not get tired of it. The End for now, on that.

Hanna Renae is moving back to the east coast in March. We are discussing getting a place together this summer... I really would love it. She's great, we get along well, I KNOW that we would be good as roommates. It's just a matter of her finding a job in Buffalo, us finding a place we both love and can afford, and making it all work out. We'll see how that goes!

I really didn't see any of my friends over this holiday season except Kristin. It felt kind of weird. I'm used to seeing my high school buddies in a makeshift reunion at the bars during Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I wasn't really around for Thanksgiving, and Christmas was a peril all in itself, that I ended up not going out. Then, Kristin was here in Buffalove for NYE, so I didnt' head back to the 'ville at all. It's a very odd, weird, disconnected feeling. In one sense, I definitely feel like I missed out on a great time and getting to see everyone. On the other hand, I don't feel that I really missed it at all, or that I was missed, which is fine since I'm ok with it all. I don't know how to explain that, but maybe you guys understood.

So, it's 2009 now and a new year, and time for new beginnings. How cliche, right? ha. I'm going to work harder on being ok with where i am in live, even when I feel like I'm not moving forward in my career fast enough for me. I'm slowing moving into a possibly great relationship. I'm making plans for this year based on what I want, and not necessarily what everyone wants for me. So, yeah. It's pretty good so far. We're, what, 2 days in? January 1st and part of the 2nd were pretty great so far. I had a bit of disappointment in tonight's plans falling through due to his work duties, but it is what it is, and no use getting upset over responsibilites.

I had my parents, 4 of my 5 brothers, my brother Jon's fiance, and my brother Joel's best friend Jesse over today. I made a huge family dinner and dessert for them, and everyone got to see my place (a couple of my bro's hadn't yet). We played Catch Phrase music edition for a long time, which was HILARIOUS. My dad thought he was going to be awful at it, and he and I completely ruled the game. And we played some card games and went to see Madagascar 2 together. It was good. I have a pretty great family.

I hope your year is starting off well. Enjoy your weekend guys!

No comments: